Seattle Travel Guides & Info
Welcome to our page of Seattle-area, Northwest, and Washington state tourist, travel, and vacation resources, including travel guides for Seattle and Puget Sound, Northwest photo galleries, as well as other travel information and resources of interest to residents of or visitors to Seattle or the Seattle-area.
Seattle Travel Guides - Northwest Travel Guides - Seattle/NW Photo Galleries - Misc. Travel Resources
Seattle Travel Guides
- Fodors.com's Miniguide to Seattle. Includes sections on Sights & Activities, Restaurants, Hotels, Nightlife & the Arts, Shopping, Smart Travel Tips, and more.
- Yahoo! Travel: Seattle. An excellent resource for all-things Seattle.
- Seattle WorldWeb Travel Guide. Features online hotel reservations, and includes up-to-date information about attractions, restaurants, events and shops.
- Enjoy Seattle!: Sightseeing in Seattle, WA. Sort of a view-o-rama -- lots of pictures (and not so many words). Worth a look.
- SeattleTravel.com: Seattle Hotels, Restaurants, and Activities. Hotel, restaurant, and activities reviews, plus other Seattle links.
- About Seattle Tacoma. An excellent guide to Seattle/Tacoma and other Pacific Northwest resources and attractions.
- Greater Seattle InfoGuide. A guide to finding a home, day-to-day living, and having fun in Seattle.
- Seattle.net. A guide to Seattle-area business, entertainment, community, and other info sources.
- RMIsaac's EmeraldPage. A great Seattle link-o-rama!
- Visiting Seattle by the City of Seattle. Includes sections on Tourism and Sightseeing, Points of Interest, Arts and Entertainment, and Sports and Recreation.
- Webtowns by the Seattle P-I. A guide to neighborhoods around the Sound.
- SeattlePI.com's Neighbors. The Neighbors project was published weekly in the P-I from 1996 to 2000. Some of the info may be dated, but there is also lots of great info on the different neighborhoods of the Seattle area. For more up-to-date info on Seattle-area neighborhoods, see Webtowns.
- The Net.Goth's Guide to Moving to Seattle. Includes general info on Seattle, plus information on temporary lodging, housing, jobs, and the local goth community.
- Tacoma Links. Not everything worth seeing is in Seattle. This site includes links to many attractions/resources in the Tacoma area.
- All Seattle. Includes sections on area info, attractions, shopping, dining, lodging, and more.
- City of Seattle's Official Web Site. Lots of good info for residents and visitors.
- SeattleInsider.com, hosted by KIRO-TV. A wide-ranging guide to Seattle and environs, including Restaurants, Sports, Movies, Events, Traffic, Travel, and more.
- Seattle Stuff. Musings of a Seattle transplant.
- The 5h Ultimate Seattle Guide. Lot's of info on how to maximize your visit to Seattle, including how to get around, where to stay, clubs, locations from the movie Singles, and music-related sights. Also has a 5h 24 Hour Guide to Seattle, if you're short on time.
Return to Top.
Northwest Travel Guides
- Online Highways: Travel Guide to Washington. Search or browse their categories, including Art, Education, Entertainment, Events, Food & Drink, History, Lodging, Real Estate, and more.
- South Puget Sound InfoGuide. A guide to finding a home, day-to-day living, and having fun in Seattle.
- Welcome to Washington by Travel.org. Includes links to general travel resources for the state of Washington, as well as Seattle, western Washington, eastern Washington, the San Juan Islands, other areas, activities, lodging, arts & museums, and ransportation & weather.
- Washington State, Northwest by Jerri Brooker at Suite101.com. A series of articles on Washington state and the Northwest, updated weekly, along with discussions and favorite links.
- Northwest Culture: A Place to Sample the Local Flavor of the Northwest. Includes guides to many Northwest city districts, small towns, and islands.
- MikeL's guide to Washington State Wineries: The Definitive Guide to the Wineries of Washington State.
- Northwest Music: Your Online Guide and Directory to All Things Musical in the Great Northwest. Includes a directory of music venues and clubs.
- Travel in Washington: Your "one-stop" travel guide to Washington State lodging, recreation, attractions and destinations, travel services, culture, history, and local products.
Return to Top.
Seattle & NW Photo Galleries
- King County Snapshots. Portal and search forms for accessing 12,000 King County historical photographs belonging to 12 different organizations.
- EarthBound Light by Bob Johnson. Excellent portfolio of northwest nature photos, organized into categories (Olympic Peninsula, Mt. Rainier and Central Cascades, North Cascades, and more).
- VR Seattle: Take a VR (Virtual Reality) tour of Seattle and the Northwest. Site includes hundreds of VR images (that can be viewed 360 degrees around). They've got a link to where you can download QuickTime 4 (with VR), if you need it.
- Mt. Rainier National Park Photos.
- Pacific Northwest Photos by Seth Pollack Photography. Broad selection of scenic/nature galleries, featuring high quality photos.
- Seattle Photos by Art Schindler.
- Seattle in Photos! from PubClub.com.
- Seattle Photo Gallery from About.com. View photos of Elliott Bay, Seattle skyline, ferries on Puget Sound, the Space Needle, Pioneer Square, the Locks, the Seattle Art Museum, Pike Place Market, and the Waterfront.
- Serene Scenes/PhotoImpressionism by Marc Sterling. Photoimpressionistic scenes in and around Grays Harbor.
- Photo Gallery of the Westport Area. These are visitor-submitted photos, not professional photos, of the Westport area, in a variety of categories, including Activities, Bay, Beaches, Fishing, Landmarks, Marina, Ocean, Old, Whale, Bay, Whimsical, and other categories.
- Yukon and Alaska Wildlife and Nature Photography by John Marriott. Photos from Northern BC, the Yukon, the Northwest Territories and Alaska.
- Puget Sound Marine Life Photos from King County Department of Natural Resources and Parks.
Return to Top.
Misc. & General Travel Resources
In the following you'll find miscellaneous and general travel resources that, although they are not specifically focused on the Pacific Northwest, may all the same include information visitors to or residents of Seattle may find to be interesting or relevant:
- Daily Bleed: Calendar of Eclectic Events and Public Secrets. Although not specifically focused on the Northwest, you can find much ado about the Northwest scattered among this site's listings.
- AardvarkTravel.net: A travel search engine. Just type "Seattle" (or sumthin') in the search box.
- Norwegian Cruise Lines. Get free quotes for cruises in many parts of the world, including Alaska, Hawaii, Australia, Bahamas, Mexico, and more.
- Pike Place Fish Market Seattle at Washington State Travel. Go Seattle Card: Multi-attraction pass that gives you the most choice-Seattle's top attractions at the best value. Attractions include Space Needle, Seattle Underground Tour, museums, excursions &
Return to Top.
Why Join the Art.com Affiliate Program
A Seattle Directory: Your Guide to All Things Seattle