Errata and Graphic Fixes
|The errata listed here are from the first printing of the original edition of Create Your First Web Page in a Weekend. They should all be corrected in the second printing or the revised edition. If the cover of your book matches the picture shown on the front page of this site, you have the first printing. If it doesn't (the title letters are all in black), then your book is not from the first printing for the original edition.|
This page contains the following:
A total of seven (out of almost 200) figure graphics have the wrong screen grabs. Only one of these, however, might prove confusing--the rest are fairly obvious and shouldn't really effect being able to use the book. The following are the correct graphics along with their corresponding figure numbers. Just click on the link to view the correct graphic. You can then save the graphic to your hard drive or print it. Alternatively, I've also provided a zip file that you can download containing all seven of the graphic fixes in JPG format.
- Figure 2-17. The image in the book is a repeat of 2-16. The correct image should be a screen grab of Internet Explorer, not NCSA Mosaic.
- Figure 2-18. This should be a screen grab exampling using the BR tag in a Blockquote to create stanzas of poetry.
- Figure 2-26. This is not the hypertext link shown in the example text above.
- Figure 3-16. This figure got left out. It shows an image link by itself, without any text included in the link.
- Figure 4-02. This is the mix-up most likely to cause some confusion. The figure in the book is a repeat of 4-1, which is a screen grab of a basic web page with a list of external links to other sites on the Web. The correct graphic here should be of a basic web page with a menu of internal links to following subsections.
- Figure C-10. This is in the Basic Tables Tutorial in Appendix C, and should be pretty obvious. The correct graphic simply shows the table in the previous figure centered rather than left-flushed.
- Figure C-11. Also pretty obvious. The correct graphic shows an image inserted in the top-left table cell (as shown in Figure C-12, as well).
- Download a Zip file containing all seven graphic fixes. Use WinZip to extract them, then either LView Pro or PaintShop Pro to view and print them (all three of these programs are available on the CD-ROM).
Return to Menu
Internet Explorer Fix
On pages 34-35, the instructions for Internet Explorer for Windows 95 offline are no longer correct for Version 4.02. In Step 1, instead of saving BLANK.HTM as a completely blank file, you need to include the following: <HTML></HTML>. In Step 3, the Start and Search Pages tab has been changed to the Navigation tab.
This is a list of other miscellaneous information that might be of help to you.
- I've updated and reorganized (again!) my Web Links and Web Tools pages, which together are the online version of Appendix A, the Resource Directory. I've split them each into six separate subpages, each focusing on a specific category. Hopefully, they'll be eaiser, and less unwieldy, to use.
Return to Menu
Return to Home Page
Steven E. Callihan
Last Updated: May 15, 1998