Learn HTML In a Weekend
What's New in the 3rd Edition?
The 3rd Edition has been updated and revised to reflect the latest developments in web publishing and HTML. Every effort has also been made, with the help of reader feedback, to make this book even more reader-friendly and easy to use. Here are some of the improvements that have been made in this new edition:
- All of the HTML tutorials have been thouroughly updated and revised to reflect the very latest in HTML and web publishing.
- HTML tutorials have been added for learning how to use frames and forms (previously, software tutorials using Frame-It and WebForms were featured).
- The HTML Quick Reference has been expanded and now includes many additional code examples.
- An XHTML/XML Compatibility Guide has been added, to assist you in making sure that your pages will be forward-compatible with the new XHTML and XML standards.
- Coverage of including Unicode characters in your Web pages has been added.
- A detailed introduction to using Cascading Style Sheets in your pages has been added.
- Guidance on finding the right web host and a hands-on tutorial on using WS_FTP LE to transfer your pages up onto the Web have been added.
What's New on the CD-ROM?
The CD-ROM has been updated to include many of the very latest software tools. New tools on the CD-ROM include Paint Shop Pro 6, AceHTML, CuteFTP, EditPad Classic, GIF Construction Set Professional, StyleSheet Maker, and more. The HTML templates available on the CD-ROM have all been updated and improved.